Monday, April 15, 2019

I'm Back.

Good morning. How's it going?  Me, I am fine. I worked yesterday,  so back to my routine. We spent 5 nights in Seattle. It was fine. Nothing much to report. It is a gorgeous area, no doubt about it. Property values are ridiculous. I guess it's the first big city I have visited since the recovery, post bank bail out. It seems like money is created there. High tech jobs are in abundance, averaging $62/ hour or whatever.  There are 8 restaurants, and 9 bars on every corner. No shortage of places to spend money.

I don't know how bad of a city it is compared to others with opioid problems,  but it has its fair share. Seattle is willing to throw money at the problem,  but I don't know how much it helps. I did some reading on it, and my conclusion is if you are hooked on heroin, or whatever you are fucked. You want to get off it you'll suffer. The only help available is to make your suffering a bit less by giving you less doses of an opioid.

I am sure it's an awesome high, but the price you pay.  Yikes.

Anyway it's good to be home. I've decided to try to live more like a tourist in my hometown this year. People travel here to see this area in the Summer,  and I take it for granted. Access to Lake Michigan is a short bike ride away, and I never visit it. I found people in Seattle are the same way. You get into your routine, and you lose track of your surroundings.

I did worry about how much money we  spent on our trip. We took $1000 out of our petty cash. (Cash we actually keep in our safe)  we spent most of that,  and very little outside that, so it wasn't bad. Flights, and hotel were already paid for. I did have to reschedule our flight home,  cuz I woke up Friday morning, and after a while realized our flight was supposed to leave 12:40 AM around 7 hours earlier.   :)  it gave us the extra day we thought we had for some reason. We drove to Mt. Ranier so we could get a closer look at the nothing we could see due to being  too cloudy and overcast. Still a majestic area regardless.

So, my sleep I am caught up from. Traveling home from the West sucks. I am back to work. Excited for it too. Outside of everything, I love my day to day. I am at ease I guess. Work,  eat,  sleep,  yes please.  

Anyhoo, I spose.

Laterzzz.     :)

xoxo.     :)

xxoo.     :)

Byeeeeeeee.      :)))

No comments: