Monday, February 12, 2018

A New Week.

So, we are off to start a new week. Probably the final full week at my current work location. My commute starting sometime next week will be like a mile. It's been a pretty regular Winter I'd say. Everyday we wake up, and there is new freshly fallen snow. I haven't bike commuted in a while.

I wore the fit bit thingy to my Sunday job, and I ended up walking 9.5 miles,  or 20,000 steps.  Just walking while working. Not thinking about it. I knew I walked a lot, but I guess it's good to have a number.

I got all the paper work ready for the city,  so we can get that rolling. It will be nice to get all that done. You have projects in mind for your house, but time is an issue,  and so is money. We are finally getting everything done at once. Professionally too. It's nice to do stuff yourself, but better to have people who do that shit all the time. I can probably kick a field goal from 20 yards out, but no one wants me doing it during the Super Bowl. Bad analogy,  but you get the point.

I don't really have much going on. I may see a movie after work. I'll check times. I finished listening to my latest book, so now I will be listening to "The Stand"  I read it like 30 years ago, so I thought I'd listen to it. I loved it as a kid, but I never reread it. In my mind I remember it being one of my favorite King novels. In an interview he said it wasn't one of his favorites, although it was one of his most popular ones. I found that interesting.

Also this weekend we stopped at a gas station. Lisa needed some water,  and snacks. I saw people pull in. An older couple pulled next to me. They were smoking, and looked like they were going to turn in lottery tickets. What did their lives amount to?  What would they do if they won like $500?  It seemed ridiculous,  and the coffin seemed to be pretty near.

Do people just continuously live their life giving no thought to anything,  until one day you realise your days are about over?

It is important to ponder the sad state of affairs, cuz you do have to make sense of it. Try not tallying up your points you think you are making, cuz you are wrong. You are being shut out. Points are not yours to make,  points are more like yours to endure. You are far from that though.

Most people I guess are like that old smoking couple. Doing stupid shit as the grave comes near. They could have been the other couple too. The guy was annoyed as he got out of the truck. A Saturday going unplanned? 

I watched people shopping too. Buying stupid shit for no reason.

Anyway so far I've watched zero seconds of  the Olympics.  It's about as much importance as I put in it. In the end sportsing equates to zero points. Regardless of what you believe.  A lot I'd time is spent with sportsing activities,  and in the end it is just shit people do.

Life is full of tough stuff, and mostly because we think things to be true that aren't. You assumed things, but your heart lies to you. It doesn't know the truth.

Anyway, I'll cya.

No comments: