Thursday, August 29, 2013

What Do You Do When You Cannot Run??

Well, you ride your bike.   Life throws  a lot of stuff at you, and a lot of times it is easy to get down and stuff.  I was thinking of looking at other options.   My start with getting in shape was an exercise bike.  I thought, well I can maybe stomach the trainer for an hour a day.   It might not be fun, but I think I can do it.   Then this morning I thought well why don't I just ride my bike.  I have a route that should take me just a bit more than an hour, and maybe I will start doing that.  Actually, I am going to start doing that.  A done deal.   As soon as it gets light out. 

I also thought of maybe swimming again, but I fear my back thing still bugs me when I use that motion.  So biking it is.  I haven't stepped on a scale in a couple years, so I have no idea what I weigh.  I'd say somewhere around 180 probably, and I am probably best at 170.  Biking helps me with that, because I can workout for more time than just running.  Also I can always do long stuff anytime on the bike too. 

I have a heel issue with my foot that will not let me run.  It happened last Thursday.  I was on about mile 9 of a 9-1/2 mile run, and I felt something.   I didn't think anything of it.  I ran two days later, and felt it at around mile 3 of my run.  It was not a good thing.  I took some time off, and yesterday I ran, and felt it at mile 1.  It hurts, and it doesn't loosen up.  I don't know what it is, but it definitely is something I should not be running on. 

So that is that.  I made Burritos for dinner last night, and they were good.   Really good.   Don't know why we haven't done that before.  

Life sometimes gets a little stale at times I would think.  It is always good to switch gears once in a while.  I am running injured, so I will make a little turn that in the long run will make me better. 

In the World there are a lot of problems, and we will not fix them.  People get rigid in their thinking.  They grab one or two things, and pound them into people to death.   It simplifies things kinda, and people want simple answers.  People want scapegoats and they want blame to fall somewhere. 

We all have stuff inside us.  Anger and what not.   Don't look for the scape goat.   Look inside you.  What is the stuff that makes you angry?  Say you wanted to be a nice and smiley person who is nice to people.  What is it that makes you not be that person?? 

Anyway I don't have a real lot today, and I am kinda bored blogging. 

cya. 

No comments: