Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hey, I Sorta Ran A Race!!!

Not really.  I had a goal, and I was nowhere near it.  I wanted to break an hour, and I did the 10K course in 68+ minutes.  :)  You always have a plan, and I had a plan.  Easy does it Easy does it.  This course is hard.  It is basically 2.4 miles of pavement, and then trails, hills, and sand for the rest.  The hardest part climbing a dune basically took me 10 minutes or so to go 1/4 of a mile.  You also run a couple miles or so along Lake Michigan.  Yes so you have to tackle sandy and watery shoes.  Anyway I have no idea what I ran this course in last time I ran it.  Maybe I should check.  Hold on.  1:02:58.   Oooooopssssss!!!   Someone is a bit slower.  If I remember correctly It was a lot hotter two years ago, and humider two years ago, and I ran to the race too.  :)  O.K. O.K. I am a tad out of shape. 

Anyway I followed my plan.  My plan was easy does it until after the dune, and then pick it up if I could.  I knew I was following my plan pretty good, because I trailed John Emil, the 67 year old who turned 65 this year a good portion.  I passed him somewhere along the sand.  I kept up my easy pace, and survived the dune.  I followed a girl up it just using her tracks.  It made it not so hard.  I thanked her when we got to the top.  No one passed me up the dune, and the one who tried fell back shortly after, so that was pretty good.  Once we hit the trail again I sat down, and poured the sand out of my shoes.  I didn't really have a pick me up pace at that point, and I was not recovering up the hills very well anymore, as a matter of fact I even hit the phase where I was like REALLY????   Another hill??  SHEESH!!!  We finally hit the pavement again, and I may have picked it up a bit, but not really too too much until the last 1/2 mile stretch when I kicked it.  I passed a couple people on that stretch, and didn't get passed. 

Ken and Cory from work ran the race too.  It was Cory's first 10K.  :)  He may never run another.  :)  Ken did good too.  Ken is training for Chicago this year.  He is 65'ish too, and a multiple marathoner.  It was a good effort, a good workout, and I realize I gots some work to do.  I like being a strong runner, and I am at the point where I have been better than what I am now.  I will have to think about what my goals are this week, and what I want to run.  I imagine there will be at least 1/2 marathon, and the Mt. Baldy 15K.  I doubt I want to do a full marathon though.  Not sure if I want to tack those miles.  We'll see.  I'll run this week, and figure stuff out.  As a matter of fact, I will get a run in this morning. 

That is it for today!!!   :)

Thanks for reading!!!   :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!   :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!   :)

p.s.  BIL is in town so expect a lot of tomfoolery!!!   :)

Love You All  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Ya'All are the best!!!   xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Extras of these  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Extras of these  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Now for really really cya cya cya  :D   :D 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, congratulations (sorta) on the race. That is one tough mother. My favorite part is the huge downhill off the dune, taking 20 foot strides while your shoes fill with sand.

Mike