Saturday, March 26, 2022

A Different Week.

I guess starting last weekend I started getting sick. You know one of those hindsight things. I didn't know it at the time. Monday, I knew. I had aches, maybe a bit of a fever. I took nyquil on Monday,  fever must have broke, and felt good on Tuesday. I did develop a cough though. I used the same playbook all week though. Read, eat, nyquil, read/sleep. I took Hope for her first walk yesterday. No working out either. 

I would say I've been sick more times in the last year, then the previous 30 years. I don't know what you make of that. 

I am putting all of my money I get from my "Oh shit" raise into savings, and plan on doing the same when Lisa gets her raise. 

Prices are really ridiculous again I see. OSB was $6/ 4'x8' sheet in 2018. 2022, it is $55/sheet. Something has gotta give. OSB is just a basic sheathing type of plywood. 

I would assume eventually that fact alone will slow building down. If anyone carries credit card debt they are paying 20% plus I imagine. As interest rates rise, it will be good to have cash. There is a playbook for high inflation. It is high interest rates. The fed chair under Reagan used higher interest rates to combat inflation. Are we comparing apples to oranges though?  

Basically higher interest rates means economically people and businesses will just have to take their lumps.  

I feel pretty safe where I am at. I obviously at this stage am a low risk guy for better or worse. 

Besides that I have been reading a lot. I've been reading free books or 99 cent books on my nook. Surprisingly pretty entertaining stuff actually. Golf is out for a bit due to weather, but I am excited for the year as I feel I straightened out my golf swing. Around the green I am a mess. My touch I developed as last year went on is gone. I can get it back, but it is hard if I am not golfing. 

Not really much going on with me. I know in my early years I could see pretty clearly what a life amounts to. At 55, I've lived it. I was very lucky to have had a helping hand planning out my future. Putting blind trust in one who could see farther than me. I did have to learn a lot about myself. Basically knowing my true worth. Being given a heart that can accept,  and be happy with it too. I have no idea how others are. Maybe still trying to figure out their worth I suspect. How would I know?  I don't walk in those shoes. I walk in mine,  and am pretty content in these ones.  

I spose.  

Laterzzzzzzzzz.       :)

xoxo.        :)

No comments: