Saturday, March 12, 2022

The Last Cold Day?

Today is going to be unseasonably cold, and next week we have a pretty significant warm up. Golfing is in the future next week. 

This week I picked up a bit of a cold, which has been making its rounds I guess. I slept and relaxed a lot. I did make it out for a pre-planned happy hour on Wednesday. I would have canceled and stayed home,  but we never get together,  and I was feeling better. It was fun. 

They let a guy go at the bakery. He knew a lot about baking,  or at least liked tinkering at home with it I guess, but was super slow at production. Being a baker who is slow at production is not a good fit. Not everyone is super fast, but super slow is not a winning recipe.

I felt bad for the owners who had to do it, and the person, but a new day started the day after, and there was work to do. 

Yesterday was how a bakery in my opinion should run. Everyone can do almost everything. Cinnamon rolls need to be made,  someone can jump on it, and knock it out. Same with croissants,  muffins, coffee cakes,  and puff dough. That way vacations aren't a pain etc...  In the end it will be a positive thing. The other guy can get a job anywhere, everywhere is hiring. 

That is that. It is a pretty good time of year with sports. March madness, baseball starting soon, NBA playoffs, warm weather and golf. I'd say NHL playoffs too,  but the Blackhawks suck, so I don't give a shit. 

Outside that not much I guess. Life goes on, I continue to read and listen to books at a pretty good clip. I didn't work out this week due to the cold,  and didn't take Hope. Hopefully back to full speed next week. 

The War is going on, and it is so stupid. Russia will be relegated to a 3rd World Nation by the end of it. It potentially could get pretty ugly for us all really. 

I'll just continue to work,  eat, and sleep. That is our lot in life.  

Laterzzzzz.      :)

xoxo.       :)

No comments: