Thursday, February 25, 2010

Back to back = sluggishish

I am pretty sure sluggishish is a word.  I haven't looked it up, but cannot quite possibly comprehend a world where it wouldn't be a word, so it must be a word.  Yesterday was a busy day. 


First off I woke up late, due to the Tuesday night thing we did.  I went to bed at 10:00, so I slept in til 4:00.  Last night I went to bed at 9:00 so naturally I woke up before my alarm I don't set at 1:00.  Currently it is 2:00.  Important info I know. 

Anyway, I worked, came home, FB'd a tiny bit, took the dogs for a walk, folded some laundry, cleaned the kitchen, shoveled the driveway, and took a little 10 minute nap before speed work.  Lisa has been finishing up the bathroom; tile, molding, and stuff.  She is getting really good with the air nailer.  :)

Speed work last night was same road.  We did 8-600's with 400 recovery.  4 hard ups and 4 hard downs.  My legs weren't that great.  Obviously night time is not my best running time, but I still gave it a pretty good effort.  Jim was not feeling well, so stopped short, and I pretty much ran by myself.  A lot of people in the group are faster than me, and a few slower.  My 600's + recovery were at low 8:00 pace.  I forget. 

I am wondering about my 5K coming up.  Not sure what speed I am at.  I know I am strong for a long distance, but not sure if I am fast for a short distance.  We will see.  Saturday is a "short" long-run.  We do "The Cross" .  It is a 10 mile all hill route.  up and down up and down.  I'll bring my phone to hopefully take pictures.  If it ends up being 3 degrees forget it.  Not going to freeze my hands off to take a picture.  :)

Next Wednesday we do something different too.  Some kind of wacky horrible hill on the lakeshore.  Can't wait...til its over.  :)

That is it

It is 2:13, now what am I going to do?? 

Have a great day!!  :)

No comments: