Sunday, May 11, 2014

General Thoughts And Observations...

Hello, and good morning all.  How's it going??  Me, I am doing pretty good.   I had a way way too busy day yesterday with a lot of hours of work, and not enough hours of sleep.  I had a funeral type thing to go too, and that was sandwiched between one job, the little sleep I could squeeze in, and starting my 2nd job.

2nd job went okay, but I was on my own, with a little training, and a lot to remember to do some general cleaning in 3 different buildings.   I called my supervisor several times yesterday. :)   Where is this, where is that.  What is the lab??  etc... 

Anyhooo, as to the title of my blog I went to a funeral type thing.   Reason it isn't a regular regular funeral is because the deceased donated his body to science, and so there was no body.  The Science people have them.

So anyway I don't know if any of you know the story here, but due to various reasons there were 3 people who were living pretty unhealthily.  Picking up the middle age weight at alarming rates type thing, and you know that is when I got the marathon bug.  I wanted to get in shape after my first trip to Hawaii.   It all started with an exercise bike.  I think when all was said and done I lost 50 lbs. total, and I had a couple friends who lost 100 each I think.  We still keep active as we can, and one even did 2 Ironmans, but those two now still do most of their work on the Hockey rink.

So that is the quick version of our History.   Dan is the guy who lost his Dad, and I have known him since probably the Winter of '95-'96. When someone loses a family member, or an important life event happens, you get to thinking quite a bit.  One of the things I thought about is although knowing Dan for several years, I don't really know him all too well.  It appears he keeps a lot of personal stuff to himself.  I didn't know if he was close to his Dad or not, and Lisa told me well I think he probably got his love of sailing from his Dad.   True.  He has a 4 aunts and uncles which I didn't know.  I know his one brother, but totally forgot he even had another one.  

My best memories of me and Dan are not great parties, or cookouts, or euchre tournaments or weddings, it was those Tuesday evenings driving up to Grand Haven to run 5-mile Hill for an hour or so.  Every Tuesday pretty much without fail for two years.   You know me too, I don't drive to run if I can help it, especially 20 miles unless it is a special route.  5-Mile Hill is not a hill that goes on for 5 miles, but when you get to the top you can see for 5 miles.  It is as steep and nasty of a climb you could ever ask.  We used to run the church trails too, and he for a little while was taking care of those church trails.   Dan is the type of guy who used to want to get his hands in everything.   Wanted to do everything, and know everything, and be in charge of everything.   Often overextending himself.   There are only 24 hours in the day, and he would volunteer 48 of those hours away type thing.  

As with age comes wisdom, and probably the burning desire to not burn yourself out.  I was guilty of that too. 

Anyway funny the funeral happened between my last post and this one.   My last post talked of the turn, and Dan's Dads last wishes while here on earth were the reason anyone would want to do the turn.

He was asked basically in a way if you were all better, what would you want to do first??  His answer.  "I would like to do good."

BAM!!   I could not have said it any better.  when Dad's Dad was looking at the end of  his days, he was able to put EVERYTHING in perspective.   More than anything I just want to be good.

Isn't that my story??  Isn't that what happened to me after my mom died, and Katrina and I broke up, and my Grandpa died, and all that stuff.   Life hit me full force, and the only thing I desired was to be good, and to do good.   Didn't really know how to go about it.

Now I do.  To be good, and to do good is not in our power.  You should be able to see that in yourself.  So steps need to be made, and this blog has gone on and on about that.  

Harsh strings have to be pulled, because it helps make our vision better.   The World is very enticing, and without major things to make us see better the World wins out.   Although we all have a desire to do good, the World drowns that out, because there is seemingly so many great things to do.  

So you see the choice boils down to do good, or choose the World, and all you can accomplish.  

To do good is not at all what you think.  It isn't anything you have done yet.

It is all about learning who we are, and our relationship with the World, and our inner demons, and sooo much hidden stuff.

It is a battle within you.  That still small voice in you that can easily get crowded out by all the weeds in the World.  

Anyway, those are my general thoughts and observations on the things yesterday.  Dan and I will go out and have a beer sometime, and talk about old times, and things like that.

One of the things I thought about this blog is I do give you my general thoughts and observations about you.   These have always been things people have mostly kept to themselves though huh??

There are so many gifts out there, and most have to do with strength, and honesty, and courage, and all kindsa things like that.   I am not who I would have been had I not done the things I have done.   I am not yet who I am going to be yet either.   That is for another time.   Somehow has to do when you are ready.

So anyway I am well rested.   I have to work my 2nd job, and I will go in around 8:00AM or so.   I also work tonight too, but have all of Monday off.   :)  WOOOO   HOOOOOOOOO

Have a good one all.   Love you all.   :))  

xoxo

No comments: