Saturday, December 25, 2021

Hey, It's My Blog Day.

I can't believe I used to do this so often. I don't mind doing it. Like anyone I have no problem talking about myself.  If I were on the outside being the one reading this blog, I can't imagine I would read it. Actually I know I wouldn't. I am just not that interested. 

I don't want to hear about people's life stories. 

Anyway,  we had the Corona scare this week. Lisa the prior week was exposed at work. Lisa gets a cold she gets the worst version of it, so I was always worried about her getting it. An unvaccinated person got it, and went into the hospital. He lives with his ex wife. (Separate floors, separate rooms)  they don't hate each other, they just don't want to be married. Anyway the ex wife works closely with Lisa. That is how we are assuming she got it. Lisa's work mate got pneumonia,  and so far 2 ambulance calls to get taken to the hospital. She was unvaccinated too. 

Lisa started getting symptoms Sunday. I got her a test on Monday. First test positive, 24 hours plus later also positive. Her taste and smelling departed too. She had cold symptoms for a few days. She gets a cold she gets knocked down for a few days. The last two days she is doing much better. 

I read up some this morning. She had a J&J shot,  so she was past due for a booster. J&J it is recommended 2 months after. The others 6 months. Regardless she handled covid fine, and I believe J&J vaccination helped her defenses quite a bit. She has antibodies now, plus we will get her booster shot after the New Years. I see it is still recommended. The first death in the US of omicron was from an unvaccinated person who previously had covid. 

I had my booster on Monday,  and Lisa started getting symptoms the following Sunday. I never felt like I had any symptoms. I just wanted Lisa to recover quickly,  and she did. Her breathing was always pretty good. 

We are alive to tell the story, covid vaccinations are a powerful defense. Unvaccinated people are going to be like bike riders who go the hospital with a head wound while not wearing a helmet. Care workers will look down at them, because that isn't really smart. That is just the way it is. No way around it. Bike helmets cost money,  and vaccinations are free too. So real bottom feeders is how the sick unvaccinated people will be looked at. I would look at them that way. 

On December 24th, I golfed 9 holes. Today, I am going to shoot 18 holes. That is a mild December. My clubs have not been put away at all. Yesterday I shot a 49. I had one triple bogey, and double bogey or less the rest of the holes. No cheating either. I lost one ball, and used the penalty stroke to use another. That was my triple bogey hole. 

My distance was short. I am not a long distance guy at all. I was living in the fairway the most part though. I think I only had one mishit though where it went like 10 yards. Improved golfers have to get rid of those. 

My main job is a baker. You can imagine a bakery during Christmas time prints money basically, so we've been busy. So busy I skipped taking Hope like 3 times last week. Too tired. Christmas is done though, so the dogs will get their walks. Offseason is upon me. What has changed in the last 15 years?  One I barely blog, also,  my off-season is from golf, not running. Somehow I still only weigh 152, instead of 165. Weird right?  

I spose 

Laterzzzzzzzzz.     :)

xoxo.      :)


No comments: